The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide.
Throughout Australia, Alstom’s objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
We are currently seeking an Overall Signalling System Engineering Lead to join our team to lead of delivery Systems engineering deliverables including system and subsystem requirements, designs and test documentation, as part of the Incremental Train Control System (ITCS) project we are in the early phase of delivering. This will primarily involve liaising with the customer and other suppliers to ensure all System engineering is delivered to specification on-time.
Key Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- Owner of delivering on systems engineering commitments for the System that contains multiple systems (TCS, Communications, Signalling, On-Board, etc.)
- Lead the specification, design and delivery of the Overall System.
- Define & manage Interfaces to all sub-system in compliance to the system solution
- Participate in technical meetings with the customer and stakeholders and work in close relation with the Project Engineering Manager (PrEM) to support the definition of the main milestones and the design reviews.
- Liaise with the other discipline leaders to provide functional support and guidance to the team on all aspects of Systems design.
- Manage the configuration of the Overall System.
- Support the client with technical issues, troubleshooting and provide resolutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Software, Systems, Electrical or Communications) or similar
- Significant experience in signalling systems engineering, preferably Communication based signalling systems such ITCS, CBTC, ETCS, ATP/ATC/ATO
- Experience in TCS, interlocking and/or onboard systems including requirements, design, installation, integration, testing and commissioning
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify critical tasks & issues and takes action to ensure execution, delivery and follow-up
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong Systems Engineering knowledge, ideally in a rail signalling environment
This is an exciting time to join Alstom! We can offer you a long term project with a new an enthusiastic team based in the centre of Perth!
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity.
We recognise that embracing flexibility is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.
To apply for this position, be considered for other vacancies or to view other Alstom roles please visit our website at: //jobsearch.alstom.com/search/?q=&locationsearch=australia