- Utilise your commercial experience in software engineering
- Design and develop high quality web-based applications
- Work in a role that has a wider impact on Agriculture both locally and internationally
At CSIRO Agriculture & Food we are developing data platforms to enable ground breaking research in a range of disciplines from genomics to agricultural production. As part of the development of a new research station incorporating state of the art digital technology (//www.csiro.au/en/Research/AF/Areas/Boorowa-Agricultural-Research-Station), we are seeking a skilled, enthusiastic software engineer to fill a key role that will contribute to front and backend development of web based platforms that support the integration of research data and processes. As part of our team, you will write code that will enable research around the country, and make research data available around the world.
Your duties will include:
- Designing and developing web-based front end applications
- Developing software requirements based on communication with users
- Developing and working with RESTful web services
- Communicating with other software teams to identify common development goals
- Writing technical and user documentation
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain), ACT
Salary: AU$80K to AU$91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
Job reference: 57219
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, other relevant field or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality web-based applications.
- Experience with git in a team environment.
- Experience with deployment in a Linux environment.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed development team, and carry out tasks under general direction from scientific researchers.
Any code examples that we can look at, such as open source contributions (e.g. on Github or BitBucket), will be considered advantageous!
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Monday 25th June, 2018