Senior Data Scientist – Bupa
Senior Data Scientist
Apply now Job no: xR1018653
Work type: Employee
Location: VIC – CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Customer Service, Information Services – Business Analyst
We are a world leading Health & Care organisation with over 22,000 people in Australia and New Zealand, and our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, and happier lives. In Australia, we help to take care of people through our leading health insurance services as well as providing a personalised approach to care through our modern Dental clinic network, our Bupa Optical stores, Bupa Medical Visa services and over 70 Bupa Aged Care Homes. Bupa Therapy, along with our Medical and Wellbeing Centre provide a multidiscipline approach to care.
At Bupa our people are transforming and making a difference in the world of health & care.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Customer Service Insights & Innovation team on a 14-month fixed term contract, based in Melbourne.
Working as part of a collaborative and cross functional team, this role will focus on building out the team’s advanced analytics capabilities as key inputs to implement new solutions and improve existing approaches. You will have the opportunity to work with a leading edge speech to text system, deriving actionable insights through use cases that deliver tangible benefits.
This role is a pivotal role in the Insights team, and will work closely with other analytics professionals across the market unit as well as the appropriate business SMEs to understand business & operational challenges to design and scope analytical solutions that deliver business value.
On offer to the successful candidate are options for flexible working arrangements and we would consider candidates seeking part time hours.
You will be inspired and driven by the opportunity to work with a global leader in health care that is on the path towards an exciting transformation.
You will be/have:-
- Qualified in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field
- In-depth experience in SAS or SQL including programming in EG/Base SAS and Visualisation using SAS VA, Tableau or similar
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical learning methods
- Experience using applied statistics or machine learning in intensive problem-solving environment with large and complex datasets
- Exposure to using unstructured data with traditional structured datasets
- Expert data mining skills in statistical / predictive modelling preferably using SAS
- Experience in shaping, cultivating, and sustaining statistical models
- Demonstrated ability to use data to develop relevant insights and influence decision making
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously
- Proven experience of being an engaging and active communicator and an ability to translate complex concepts into simple language
Bupa believes in hiring the best talent in the market. We are known for our vibrant, high performing and incredibly rewarding workplace, and we take pride in creating exceptional and meaningful work experiences, encouraging innovation, delivering award winning benefits to our employees and being involved with our communities.
Bupa has everything – growth, passion, results and a caring & supportive culture that surround a burning ambition and purpose that is the best in the world.
Find the purpose in your career!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Standard Time