- Leads provision of professional, timely and effective application support services including the identification and resolution of complex DTID troubleshooting activities.
- Manages and leads medium to large projects such as system upgrades, new configuration, system integration and business efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Determines and prioritises configuration changes/updates in consultation with users, management and key stakeholders.
- Manages and oversees outcomes of user acceptance testing routines and develops application requirements for test conditions and other business outcomes.
- Utilise the Information and Technology change management procedure for all system changes IT Problem Management (e.g. troubleshooting of recurring IT faults).
About you Our ideal candidate will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in business management, information technology, leadership, organisational change or similar field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in clinical specialty and/or minimum 2 years’ experience in Health Informatics
- Demonstrated experience in providing Subject Matter Expertise in Electronic medication management and/or e-prescribing solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of ITIL principles, and basic applications management.
- Prior experience in IT project implementation or program coordination.
- Excellent communication with the ability to effectively liaise and build rapport with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse activities and priorities across organisational boundaries to ensure that service delivery meets agreed service levels in a customer focused environment.
- Experience in use of Merlin medication management application is highly desirable
An ITIL Foundation 3 and/or Certified Health Informatician Australasia (CHIA) membership and credentials would be highly desirable but not essential. Why join us? In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients. Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options. Closing date for applications is Sunday 25 November 2018. For further information, please contact Jayne Barclay, Manager Application Support on 07 3163 1869. *Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible. If you are interested in applying for this position, simply click on ‘APPLY’ to attach your resume. Please note we CANNOT accept any emailed applications so please ensure you submit your details via the “APPLY” button. If you are having technical difficulties submitting your application please contact the Recruitment Team ( confirming the role you are applying for and the specific difficulties you are experiencing. At Mater, you’ll find we live and breathe our values. We are a health care leader that provides care to more than 500,000 patients each year as a private, benevolent not-for-profit organisation – what profit we make goes back in to our business which is why we offer state of the art facilities and the resources to advance your career and provide exceptional care to our patients. Mater is also committed to environmental sustainability and draws on our recognition of the link between health, climate and the environment which ensures we optimise our position as responsible corporate citizens. Come and join us; as a Mater employee you’ll find the benefits you deserve and the opportunity to be part of a healthcare community unlike any other. Applicants from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time. Posting Notes: South Brisbane || QLD || Australia (AU) || Corporate Services || SK92174A