Requisition ID: 171328
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 – 50%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Cloud Service Center Enterprise Architect
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Cloud Service Center (CSC) is part of the global organization within SAP Innovative Business Solutions dedicated to delivering innovative custom solutions to meet our customers’ unique business process needs with SAP’s Cloud Portfolio Products like SuccessFactors, Concur, Ariba, Business ByDesign, Cloud for Customer, and Hybris.
CSC organization helps customers from South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand and India to maximize the value of their Cloud investments and ultimately help enhance their competitive advantage.
CSC is one amongst the very few teams in SAP which gives you an exposure like a software enterprise – combining the best of Product Development and Service based Project Delivery – and has Sales/Presales functions apart from Software Development/Delivery & Support in its portfolio. You will be involved right from Business Development to Competitive Bidding, Signing Customer Contracts to Project Delivery, Go-Live and Support. The team’s success is measured by effectively leveraging on the ability to deliver projects on-time, on-budget and with superior quality.
The Enterprise Architect is a key contributor in engaging with customers, designing & building custom solutions on the various SAP Cloud Platforms. She/He will drive information architecture activities and solve complex issues using a business centric approach, and will lead the team with a clear vision and actionable steps with timely, high-quality business informational insight. She/He is also required to assist during the Opportunity Management phase of the customer engagement by providing inputs to proposals or completing specific proposal deliverables – especially in the area of delivery model, project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Deep understanding and demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards of SAP Cloud, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP Cloud Integration, SAP UI5, or any similar SAP Cloud Platform Solutions based on Java, and the corresponding software development and business development tools and methodologies
- Well rounded technology experience, solution design exposure, architecting cross-functional solutions and business development expertise (SAP experience is preferred), Understanding of Architectural Constructs (Architecture & Design patterns, Java, Database systems, Performance tuning, WebServices …), and Delivery Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Waterfall, Design-driven Development …)
- Proven expertise in completing design, development, testing, debugging, delivery and support for complex SAP enterprise solutions of significant size, scope and complexity
- Proven architecture and integration experience with Cloud technologies
- Proven experience in making proposals for appropriate delivery models and methodologies for customer projects, commercials/pre-sales management teams to help scope and estimate the engagement and provision of Q-C-D estimates
- Ability to understand the organization’s political climate and how to navigate the political waters
- Nice to have: Prior experience with in SAP Cloud Products like Ariba, SuccessFactors and Hybris
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Guide architecture decisions based on industry standards and best practices, lead adherence to architectural principles, SAP product-specific guidelines, and product standards
- Lead project teams in architecture blueprinting and develop state-of-the-art enterprise information architecture for SAP Cloud portfolios
- Work closely with Solution Architects, Development Architects, Project Managers, Developers and Quality Assurance, to coordinate the delivery of quality technical solutions that minimize technical risk (delivery includes design, development, testing, documentation, go-live and maintenance & support activities)
- Champion business development efforts to create opportunities, customer deals and compelling value propositions
- Work with cross-functional teams, sales & presales, SAP development teams, external partners and customers
- 10+ years of total experience (including atleast 3-4 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect)
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.