Registered Nurse – Obstetrical – Labour Delivery
- Registered with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia (CRNNS).
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support).
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) or willingness to complete within six (6) months.
- Breast Feeding Program or willingness to complete within six (6) months.
- One (1) year acute care nursing experience.
- Six (6) months perinatal experience within the last three (3) years.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Evidence of ongoing relevant education.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain good relationships with patients/residents, families and co-workers.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any additional costs as a condition of employment
Hours of Work
- Temporary, Full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly
- Beginning January 31, 2019 with a duration of January 17, 2021
- Dates are approximate and subject to change
- Shifts may include days, nights, weekends & holidays
Salary Information $34.3461 – $40.4660 hourly ($41.8822 with 25 years’ RN experience) Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date. Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentations such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Nursing bargaining unit – NSNU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for Unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted. Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are: Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy. Follow us on Facebook –