The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide.
Throughout Australia, Alstom’s objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Project Engineer with expertise in Train Control Systems (TCS) to join our team and lead of delivery TCS engineering activities including subsystem requirements, design, software, databases and test documentation, as part of the Incremental Train Control System (ITCS) project in the mining/freight sector. This will primarily involve liaising with the customer and other suppliers to ensure all TCS sub-system development is delivered to specification and on-time.
Key Responsibilities for this Role Include:
- Lead the design and delivery of the TCS systems including HMI design, software and databases.
- Participate in technical meetings with the customer and stakeholders and work in close relation with the Project Engineering Manager (PrEM) to support the definition of the main milestones and design reviews.
- Develop optimised ways of executing the work within the agreed Cost, Delay and Quality targets, on the TCS work package.
- Liaise with the other discipline leaders to provide functional support and guidance to the team on all aspects of TCS systems design.
- Manage the configuration of the TCS subsystem.
- Assist testing of the TCS subsystem.
- Interface with customer operations, TCS development and T&C teams.
- Support the client with technical issues, troubleshooting and provide resolutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Software, Systems, Electrical or Communications) or similar
- Significant experience in signalling systems engineering, preferably Communication based signalling systems such ITCS, CBTC, ETCS, ATP/ATC/ATO
- Experience in TCS systems including requirements, design, installation, integration, testing and commissioning
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify critical tasks & issues and takes action to ensure execution, delivery and follow-up
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Knowledgeable in System Engineering
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Alstom team! We can offer an exciting project and a new and enthusiastic team that are keen to work together to achieve the best outcome for our customer!
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity.
We recognise that embracing flexibility is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.
To apply for this position, be considered for other vacancies or to view other Alstom roles please visit our website at: //jobsearch.alstom.com/search/?q=&locationsearch=australia