- Works safely within the South 32 Care Strategy including establishing and maintaining an interdependent safety culture within the team including the delivery of improvements in safety performance
- Ensuring deployment of the Change Control process throughout the GEMCO operation for works on any mechanical plant and processes.
- Adheres to the engineering request management process for projects, drafting and technical support.
- Assists the Superintendent Engineering as required to meet regulatory and legislative requirements for GEMCO.
- The leadership aspects of this role are to promote operational discipline, work execution and enhancing the technical knowledge of team members, contractors and consultants.
- Provides expert working knowledge of mechanical calculation and materials handling design packages and can undertake and check calculation work from first principals.
- Provides expert understanding and working knowledge of Australian Standards that may impact or govern the GEMCO Operation.
- Ensure compliance with operational budgetary targets.
- Complying to statutory obligations to ensure the company is in adherence to all policies relating to Engineering and Capital Works
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree and/or Project Management qualification is essential for this role.
- A strong background at Principal level in an operating asset within a similar industry / organisation.
- Eligible for RPEQ or CPEng qualification
- Expert knowledge of AS/NZS Standards, whilst responsible for the production of complex and detailed engineering design and drawings.
- Can apply problem solving strategies (RCA or FMEA)
- A sound understanding of Quality Systems (ISO 9001:2000), the fundamentals of project management and strong SAP / MS project knowledge.
- Can demonstrate strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
What does South32 offer?
- Offered as 8/6 roster from Cairns or Darwin, or on a Residential basis on Groote Eylandt.
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded. We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Advertised: 07 Aug 2018 AUS Central Standard Time Applications close: 22 Aug 2018 AUS Central Standard Time