- Are you a motivated, early career Data Engineer with experience of machine learning?
- Do you have, or will shortly obtain, a doctorate in Computer Science or related discipline?
- Join CSIRO Agriculture & Food and really make a difference!
Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
CSIRO Agriculture & Food is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and creative Postdoctoral Fellow to develop innovative solutions with real impact for rural Australia. You will develop terrestrial-based location technologies for livestock in collaboration with researchers from James Cook University and an industry partner. When you couple this technology with Machine Learning, it will to help correct for errors in locating livestock. Your experience in developing AI algorithms and ability to write elegant software solutions will key to your success in this role.
Your duties will include:
- Developing a machine learning application that can error correct triangulated radio signals by accounting for multipath errors within the landscape.
- Integrating project outcomes into visualisations that can be used for end users and outreach.
- Designing and implementing data pipelines for the integration of geo-located data for machine learning.
- Helping to mentor a PhD candidate developing machine learning aspects of the project.
Location: JCU Campus, Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Salary: $80k to $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years 6 months
Ref no: 56636
To be successful, you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in Computer Science or related discipline. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning to solve real world problems.
- A proven ability to build solutions to solve data engineering problems and to develop AI algorithms.
- Demonstrated experience with two or more of the following programming languages: Python, Scala, Haskell, Rust, Go, Clojure, C, C++, Java.
- A current driver’s licence.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 56636. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications close: Wednesday, 16th May, 2018