Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Job
- Build long-term, trusted business relationships with Doctors and Pharmacists.
- Demonstrate competence in technical information whilst implementing product sales strategies to customers.
- Display selling skills that understand and meet customer needs by delivering tailored solutions.
- Interact with individual customers or groups of customers using a variety of multimedia technologies.
- Achieve Call Volume, Frequency & Coverage expectations on Target Customers.
- Coordinate and implement Medical Education Meetings.
- Utilise sales analysis tools to develop Territory Business Plans and implement sales activities that maximise high-potential areas of the business.
- Work collaboratively with Territory Colleagues to develop and implement a Territory Working Agreement that maximises cross-promotion of products.
- Utilise CRM system to enhance customer relationships. Meet requirement to enter call and activity notes within 24 hours of call.
- Flexible working hours are required, with occasional evening and weekend work.
- Travel every 5-6 weeks to country/regional areas and to sales conferences as required.
- Uphold professional conduct with adherence to Medicines Australia Code of Conduct and MSD Policies/Procedures.
- Ensure all business activity complies with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of Sales Targets
- Internal Business Drivers including: (Field Days, Call Volumes, Frequency & Coverage and Medical Education Meetings)
- Maintenance of CRM system – entering accurate call and activity notes within the required timeframe
Qualifications Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Qualifications Required for the Role Functional Competencies
- Territory Management
- Selling Skills & Relationship Management
- Product & Service Offerings
- Professional Conduct
- Technology Usage
MSD Leadership Standards
- Make Rapid, Disciplined Decisions – Make timely decisions at the right level with the right data, and support them once made.
- Act with Courage & Candor – Speak openly, honestly and with conviction: have the courage to take appropriate risks and make difficult decisions.
- Demonstrate Ethics & Integrity – Adhere to the highest standards of trustworthy and ethical behaviour in all interactions and hold others to the same standards; comply with all laws, policies and regulations; identify and address ethical issues without hesitation.
- Foster Collaboration – Actively listen and seek to understand differing perspectives; work together to achieve the common goals of the new MSD.
- Focus on Customers & Patients – Focus the entire organisation on delivering value for customers, including patients, by understanding and meeting their needs.
- Drive Results – Set clear performance standards; overcome obstacles; hold ourselves and others accountable for achieving results.
- Completion of HSC or equivalent (essential)
- Life Science or Business degree (desirable)
- Medicines Australia (desirable). If not completed prior to employment, employee is required to complete within first two years of employment.
- 5+ years experience sales and/or services roles of increasing responsibility.
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Exposure to other medical or pharmaceutical environments an advantage.
- Well developed, professional oral communication skills
- Selling skills that incorporate rapport building, questioning and negotiation skills
- Ability to assimilate and communicate scientific information in a simple, concise manner
- Ability to impact and influence a range of customers
- Well developed presentation skills
- Well developed, professional written communication skills
- Ability to create effective Territory Working Agreements and Territory Business Plan
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and proactively
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Sound business acumen
- Receptive to coaching with a desire to learn and continually develop
- Adaptable to a changing business environment
- Perseverance, tenacity and resilience
- Discretion with company-confidential information
Training applicable to the role includes
- Disease state, product & competitor
- Medicines Australia (MA) Code of Conduct
- CRM ,Compliance & other internal processes
Job: Direct Sales Generic Other Locations: Employee Status: Regular Travel: Number of Openings: 1 Shift (if applicable): Hazardous Materials: Company Trade Name: MSD