Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion, rail control solutions and the implementation of Total Rail Systems. At Bombardier we work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are seeking applications for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our team in Dandenong, Victoria. The successful candidate will ultimately be responsible for supporting departments in implementing, managing and improving all quality relevant elements, such as product quality requirements, the process preparation, in process control, feedback/feed forward, and quality process management.
They support the cells in the correct usage of Q6 elements to ensure quality and to optimize the problem solving process. Quality control and inspection activities are supported according to the defined process. The final inspection before handover to the customer is a key OQA activity.
Your key responsibilities will include:
· Quality control and inspection activities including identification and reoccurrence, as well as systematic problems.
· Initiation of problem solving processes, supporting feedback process and integration of lessons learnt into causing functions.
· Support effective problem solving by leading and conducting problem solving processes, using structured and proven problem solving methods.
· Support the root cause analysis process in a bid to minimise recurring issues.
· Providing necessary support to departments and functions in all elements pertaining to quality.
· Final inspection and preparation for customer presentation.
As our ideal candidate you will need to possess the following skills and qualifications:
· Very good knowledge and experience of quality standards and quality checks.
· Very good knowledge of our products and their acceptance criteria.
· Very good knowledge and experience of Q6 standards and elements, especially feedback / feed forward processes, quality gates, problem solving.
· Drive and conduct problem solving processes using structured problem solving methods.
· Knowledge of quality assurance in metal fabrication processes including understanding of dimensional tolerances and GD&T, basic welding inspection, and the use of measuring tools.
· Accurate in evaluation and documentation of conformance to requirements and analysis of potential causes.
· Knowledge of PDCA, Lean, BOS.
· Participation in BOS assessments.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Meet with us!
Job: Quality Assurance
Primary Location: AU-VIC-Dandenong
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 10.07.2018, 11:39:45 PM
09.08.2018, 11:59:00 PM
Quality Engineer, Welding, Engineer, Inspector, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing