• Hit the ground running in this 12 month maternity leave backfill role
• Bring your passion for advancing Australian science and innovation
• Draw on your natural talents in stakeholder engagement to build valuable networks
ON is Australia’s national science and technology accelerator. ON exists to help Australia’s best researchers and their collaborators translate great science and technology into commercially viable outcomes that will form the foundations of Australia’s future. Supported by funds from the National Innovation and Science Agenda, ON is open to all Australian Universities, CSIRO and Publicly Funded Research Agencies.
As the ON Relationship Manager you will be responsible for managing relationships with Universities, Publicly Funded Research Agencies (PFRAs) and Industry. You will collaborate closely with these partners to generate interest in participating in the ON Program, ensuring a pipeline of high quality applications for our programs.
Specifically you will:
• Discover and map partnership opportunities and develop relationships in the identified ON catchment area.
• Create a key account stakeholder engagement campaign for each allocated partner.
• Build a network of ON advocates at all levels of the hierarchy in target institutions.
• Influence the necessary stakeholders ensure a pipeline of quality Accelerator applications.
• Help build and deliver ON ecosystem engagement program.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders.
• Maintain a current record of all partner and stakeholder engagements.
Location: Negotiable – Brisbane, Sydney or Newcastle considered
Salary: AU $95k to AU $103k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 9 month term
Job ref: 57992
As a minimum requirement, you will have a proven ability to successfully penetrate multiple institutions in a systematic and effective way. You will also have:
• The capacity to undertake substantial time (1-2 days) out of the office for interstate travel per week as well as attend a significant amount of out-of-hours work/networking events.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills with effective communication and presentation abilities.
• Solid experience (approx. 3-5 years) in a business or partner development role with evidence of success achieving against development-based performance metrics.
• A track record of successfully developing and managing new relationships and converting them into purchase/action decisions.
• An understanding and experience in the following areas:
– Stakeholder mapping;
– Internal and external Stakeholder and key account management;
– Large scale corporate change programs;
– Persuading others and building strong interpersonal networks;
– Translating conceptual thinking into practical initiatives.
• Experience working autonomously and remotely.
• The ability to effectively plan ahead, self-prioritise and solve complex problems.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce – CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Monday 13 August, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.