About the role
A unique and exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced full-time Nurse Unit Manager, with extensive experience in a leadership role within an Emergency Department setting.
The Nurse Unit Manager is responsible for the strategic and operational deliverables within Emergency Services across two emergency departments.
This role will provide exceptional clinical and professional leadership to our Emergency Services Nursing Team and also drive patient centred outcomes and innovation across the department.
What you’ll be doing
As the leader of this team, you will provide exceptional nursing management and be responsible for the clinical, resource management, education, research and material accountabilities of nursing within this area. Additionally, in conjunction with the medical leadership of the service, you will ensure the provision of best practice, quality and safety aspects of patient care.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Caring for and leading a team of professionals
- Communication and coordination of patient care
- Engagement with stakeholders in other departments to ensure the highest quality patient care, that services are efficient, that patient safety is optimized, and to resolve barriers to patient flow.
- Team management, including performance management and compliance with Human Resources processes
- Delivery of work against relevant timeframes
You will be an experienced leader and will drive innovation in your field; using evidence based research to suggest new ways of doing things and take a positive and adaptive approach to embedding change.
Other skills and responsibilities include:
- Extensive experience in Emergency or working with Emergency services in an acute care environment with sound clinical expertise
- Current AHPRA Nursing registration
- Post graduate qualification in emergency or critical care nursing (or working towards)
- Ability to demonstrate strong capability in leading both the clinical and commercial aspects of a tertiary service
- High level communication skills within a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated competence in cost centre management
- Willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information, please contact Arna Chauncey (Director of Nursing, Surgical & Acute Care) on 07 3163 8786.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 6 May 2018.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, simply click on ‘APPLY’ to attach your resume.
Please note we CANNOT accept any emailed applications so please ensure you submit your details via the “APPLY” button.
If you are having technical difficulties submitting your application please contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) confirming the role you are applying for and the specific difficulties you are experiencing.
At Mater, you’ll find we live and breathe our values. We are a health care leader that provides care to more than 500,000 patients each year as a private, benevolent not-for-proft organisation – what profit we make goes back in to our business which is why we offer state of the art facilities and the resources to advance your career and provide exceptional care to our patients.
Mater is also committed to environmental sustainability and draws on our recognition of the link between health, climate and the environment which ensures we optimise our position as responsible corporate citizens.
Come and join us; as a Mater employee you’ll find the benefits you deserve and the opportunity to be part of a healthcare community unlike any other.
Applicants from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Posting Notes: South Brisbane || QLD || Australia (AU) || Nursing ||