Newmont Boddington Gold is the largest gold mine in Australia and is taking full advantage of innovative, state-of-the-art technology and processing methods. This multi-billion dollar mine will provide the opportunity to advance your career in a clean and safe mining environment.
Our mining operation provides you with the opportunity to live locally and go home every day or stay in our village for your roster and Drive In Drive Out (DIDO). We are only 130kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast.
Exciting new opportunities have become available within our Boddington operation for Mine Maintenance Supervisors on an 8:7:7:6 roster, so there will be plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this area can offer you
Reporting to the Superintendent Mine Maintenance – Hauling and Ancillary, this position is responsible for managing the execution of the mechanical maintenance program for our fleet large Ancillary equipment. The Mine Maintenance Supervisor – Ancillary is required to ensure maintenance and repair works are completed in a safe and effective manner, managing a team of qualified Mechanical trades and support personnel to complete all maintenance activities.
- Leading and developing the Maintenance team to ensure mechanical maintenance and repair works are completed safely and efficiently
- Maximising the amount of scheduled maintenance and minimising the impact of unscheduled works, reviewing and changing maintenance actions to achieve this where required
- Identifying and coordinating resources to complete maintenance works
- Ensuring the maintenance plan is carried out in compliance with safe work procedures
- Preparing a budget for maintenance works and completing work in accordance with that budget
- Working with the Engineering and Planning teams to review equipment management strategies
- Ensure required documentation is obtained from contractors and required general and work area inductions associated with their scope of contracted work are completed
- Contributing to safe work practices and environmental awareness
Skills & Experience
- HD Mechanical Trade qualification (Australia recognised)
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a Mining or heavy industrial environment
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience in a maintenance supervisory or coordination role
- Well-developed communication skills to liaise effectively with work groups in a diverse workforce
- Ability to provide well considered and timely technical support to the team
- Personal commitment to safety with demonstrated ability to instill a strong safety culture
- Sound understanding of maintenance work management processes and experience utilising a CMMS system
- Front Line Management Certificate or similar would be highly regarded
What you will gain
Our employees enjoy a generous salary package including private health insurance and an annual performance based incentive. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for our operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring our performance against those global standards is an integral part of our current business practice and our long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of our commitment to the Traditional Owners we welcome applications from the Gnaala Karla Booja Native Title Group and other candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.
Manager, Engineer, Technical Support, Management, Engineering, Mining, Technology