- Develop and lead public affairs strategy facilitating the strategic priorities, including policy and regulatory advocacy
- Work in partnership with the business to identify and secure grant and investment funding opportunities
- Take a lead role in crisis and issue communications
- Deliver crisis training across the organisation
- Develop strong relationships with our external stakeholders through an effective government and public affairs program
- Identify external engagement opportunities to build the Mars Wrigley Confectionery brand in the market
The Ideal Candidate:
- Extensive experience across corporate affairs, internal and external communications and issues management
- The ability to influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in establishing positive stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally
- Previous experience in a FMCG or consumer goods environment highly regarded
- Strong communicator, articulate and to the point with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, public relations or similar
Why Mars Australia?
- Awarded #1 in the Best Places to Work in Australia for 2017
- Access to Mars University, our own centre of excellence learning
- Genuine career progression, a focus on development with access to global opportunities
- Access to our Mars superannuation co-contribution scheme
- Access to a number of benefits, including the Maxxia Rewards programme
- Mars Australia is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia
- You are paid weekly!
- Did you know we’ve been awarded #1 in the Best Places to Work in Australia for 2017 for companies with 1,000 employees?
About Us: Mars Wrigley Confectionery (MWC) is the world’s leading manufacturer of chocolate, chewing gum, mints, and fruity confections, manufacturing great products which make consumers smile. We are proud to make some of Australia’s most loved confectionery brands, including MARS®, M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, MALTESERS®, PODS® EXTRA®, SKITTLES®, STARBURST®, P.K.®, and JUICY FRUIT®. Six of our famous brands are among the top 20 confectionery brands in Australia and our oldest brand, JUICY FRUIT®, has a heritage of over 100 years in Australia. Since 1957 our refreshing gum products have been produced at our factory in Asquith, New South Wales and since 1979 we have been producing our delicious chocolates at our factory in Ballarat, Victoria. Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 85,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day. For more information about Mars, please visit . Join us on , , , and . Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. At Mars Australia & New Zealand we prefer to manage all sourcing directly, please do apply to this role if you are interested. Introductions via agency will not be accepted.