Mars Wrigley Confectionery – Brand and Field Marketing Manager
- Key role in launching a new brand / category & platform for healthy snacks in Australia
- Showcase your entrepreneurial skills to make your mark
- Ability to use your creativity & entrepreneurial flair
The Role Our Mars Wrigley Confectionery (MWC) business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Brand and Field Marketing Manager to join a newly established team. You will be the driver in developing and activating marketing strategies to launch and grow our healthy snacking brand and portfolio. As the Brand and Field Marketing Manager, you will work as part of the local market activation team and be immersed in our dynamic and fast-paced culture. You will be the day-to-day lead on brand product lines, including business analysis, product management, digital strategy deployment, budget management as well as developing and executing marketing plans that connect with targeted consumers through one-on-one sampling and brand experiences. You will also partner with our Global Demand, Marketing, Digital and Consumer and Market Insights teams to deploy market activation playbooks and strategies. This will also require a strong knowledge of the Australian market to ensure messaging is relevant and compelling to target customers and consumers. What you’ll do with Mars Wrigley Confectionery:
- Bring our healthy snacking portfolio to life… Responsible for recruiting, engaging, training, and management of all field marketing activity that represent our healthy snacking portfolio to the consumer;
- Develop local programs and partnerships for sampling;
- Inform long-term media and brand strategy, including brand objectives, positioning, consumer targeting, marketing plans;
- Lead relationships with agency partners;
- Lead internal campaign management with relevant stakeholders, ensuring successful delivery of media and creative briefs;
- Help identify key customer opportunities in key customer metrics;
- Develop the marketing forecast for annual planning;
- Analyse in-market performance vs launch assumptions with focus on the key growth levers as well as trade and competitive reactions;
- Translate tracking results into a strengthened in-market activation plan, focusing on the transformational drivers over time;
- Partner with Global and be the market level point of contact for cross-functional projects.
What we are looking for in a candidate for this role: This role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a keen sense of creativity, and a high degree of comfort working in a team environment. In addition, the following skills and experience will be required:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience;
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel;
- Minimum two years in consumer packaged goods (CPG) marketing;
- Experience working with syndicated consumption data (SPINS, IRI, Nielsen);
- Strong business acumen with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why Mars Australia?
- Awarded Australia’s #6 company for 2018 in the Best Places to Work survey in the 1,000 + employees category;
- Enrolment to world class training via our Mars University centre of learning excellence;
- Be paid weekly with regular onsite visits from our banking partner to support your financial wellbeing;
- Opportunity to opt-in to our Mars superannuation co-contribution matching scheme;
- Access to our Maxxia Rewards Programme offering discounts across dining and entertainment.
About Us: Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 85,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day. For more information about careers at Mars, please visit . Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Introductions via agency will not be accepted.