Man charged over alleged murder of Brisbane man Sam Price-Purcell missing since 2015
A 36-year-old has been charged over the alleged murder of Brisbane man Sam Price-Purcell in what police have described as a “crucial breakthrough” in the case.
Mr Price-Purcell, 25, was in the Mitchelton area in Brisbane’s north on February 16, 2015, but police believe he then travelled in a yellow Holden Commodore to Toowoomba on Queensland’s Darling Downs.
He has not been seen since, and homicide investigators believe he met with foul play.
Police have made several enquiries during the investigation, including the forensic examination last Friday of a yellow vehicle suspected of being involved in the crime.
Officers also searched properties at Leyburn and Helidon earlier this year.
Detectives have now charged a 36-year-old man from Leyburn with Mr Price-Purcell’s murder.
He is due to appear in Toowoomba Magistrates Court later today.
Yellow Holden Commodore that Mr Price-Purcell was travelling in before he disappeared. (Supplied: Queensland Police Service)
Victim’s remains not yet found
Homicide Detective Acting Inspector David Nicoll said the arrest was “a crucial breakthrough for us” after a comprehensive investigation by detectives.
“We would like to thank those members of the community who came forward and provided us with information and assistance in this case,” he said.
“However while this arrest is certainly a significant breakthrough for us, it does not mark the end.”
He said Mr Price-Purcell’s remains had not yet been found.
“We still have more work to do and remain committed to bringing all those responsible for Sam’s murder before the court,” he said.
“Importantly, Sam’s remains have not been located and police are appealing for anyone with information in relation to Sam’s murder or the location of his remains to contact police.”
Police have previously said Mr Price-Purcell came from a good family, but “got mixed up in the wrong crowd” and was involved in drugs.