Leisure and Lifestyle Therapist
- Assist the progression and coordination of services towards a therapeutic model by integrating the Occupational Therapy and Diversional Therapy models of practise and enablement.
- Assist with assessing residents cognitive abilities using Allen’s Cognitive Levels.
- Prescribing non-pharmacological interventions for residents who require behavioural support to meet their cognitive or mental health needs.
- Actively contributing to the behaviour support pathway for residents’ with special behaviour needs, as part of a strong in-house interdisciplinary team.
- Creating a holistic approach to the development and maintenance of ‘better practise’ leisure and lifestyle programs specifically designed for our residents. This involves keeping up to date with recent literature published and current best practice.
- To ensure that your departments’ accreditation status is maintained, as well as compliance with all legislative requirements
- Provide supervision to assistant support level staff while maintaining a clinical caseload of minimum 70%
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree trained Occupational Therapist
- Experienced Diversional therapist or other therapist with a strong leisure & lifestyle related curriculum content. Eligibility for full membership of the Diversional & Recreation Therapy Australia and comply with the professional standards of the Diversional Therapy profession.
- Previous experience in the supervision of support level staff
- Ability to complete activity analysis and a good knowledge of the meaning and diverse use of occupation.
- Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs for group and individual therapy.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- High level organisational and time management skills
- Intermediate level of computer competency across a range of programs including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience in an aged care or mental health care environment
Our Benefits As an industry leading provider who consistently strives to be recognised as an Employer of Choice, we actively support the development of our staff through extensive training opportunities. The successful candidate will also receive generous leave entitlements including an RDO each month and 5 weeks annual leave with leave loading. In addition we will provide relevant training in relation to the role including Allen’s Cognitive Levels (developed by OT’s). To find out more about what we do and to apply online, please click to visit our website. Contact Person Kate Costigan Contact Number 9879 2737 Alternate Contact Person Alex Langham Alternate Contact Number 02 8345 9245 Closing Date 08/08/2018 Application is having difficulty connecting to server. If problem persists please contact support.