About the role:
Virgin Australia currently have a 12-month opportunity for a Fleet Engineer IFE within our Engineering department. This role is to support some of the exciting projects our team are currently working on, like the recent launch of our WiFi between Australia and Los Angeles.
As the Fleet Engineer In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), you will be an expert in IFE Systems, and be responsible for maintaining and continuing airworthiness through effective configuration control of aircraft IFE systems which are operated by Virgin Australia. This includes monitoring and improving aircraft performance and technical dispatch reliability with preventive maintenance strategies.
This role is critical in that Virgin Australia’s IFE/ IFC product and Brand is maintained to a high standard.
To achieve and maintain the high standards required in this role, you will have comprehensive knowledge of the regulations and standards applicable to aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs.
With your expertise in IFE systems (Panasonic eX2 system and/or Lufthansa Board-Connect systems, or GoGo IFC), you will be able to drive continuous improvement for our IFE division.
What you’ll need:
- You are a degree qualified or licensed aircraft Engineer and/or have a relevant qualification and experience in aircraft maintenance
- You will have experience in the assessment of service documents and the ability to translate both manufacturer and regulatory requirements into clear and concise instructions
- Experience assessing Mandatory documents, Vendor ICAs and input into EMS
- Demonstrated ability in monitoring and improving IFE/ Product and Brand performance and technical reliability
- Previous experience with maintaining IFE performance and ensuring preventative and predictive maintenance activities
- Demonstrated relevant work experience with at least 3 years in an Airline Technical Services role for aircraft that are the same, or of a similar type, as the aircraft operated by the airline
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of the Virgin Australia team, apply now!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time