Head of Senior School – Teaching and Learning
- Years 7 to 12
- Full Time, Ongoing Role
- Commencing Term 3, 2018 (or earlier by negotiation)
Shelford Girls’ Grammar seeks an experienced educator to lead teaching and learning in the Senior School (Years 7 – 12). Reporting to the Principal, the Head of Senior School – Teaching and Learning will be a member of the School Executive Team and provide high quality leadership in all areas related to teaching and learning at Shelford. The Head of Senior School – Teaching and Learning will possess superior communication and organisational skills. He or she will have a passion for, and a love of learning, and be able to demonstrate considerable success as a teacher. It is essential that the Head of School – Teaching and Learning is able to make a significant contribution to a high functioning team, and work collaboratively with a variety of members within the School community. The ability to maintain confidentiality, and to remain focussed and calm whilst under pressure is also essential. The successful applicant will need to have:
- Relevant teaching qualifications and have (or be working towards) postgraduate qualifications in education leadership;
- Knowledge, experience and a passion for implementing curriculum, and fostering innovative classroom pedagogy within a positive education environment;
- Significant experience in a school leadership position, for example as a Head of Faculty; and
- A proven ability to work in a collaborative environment as a member of a school executive team.
The Head of Senior School – Teaching and Learning will also be expected to teach one class in the Senior School. This is a permanent, ongoing position, commencing in Term 3, 2018 (or earlier by negotiation). Further information is available in the position description available at . For a confidential discussion please contact Ms Liz Rowell (Risk and HR Manager) on (03) 9524 7333. If you would like to apply for this position please forward your resume as well as the completed Employment Application Form including the names and contact details of 3 referees addressed to the Principal, Ms Polly Flanagan to Applications will close on Friday 4 May 2018. (While all applications will be considered, Shelford Girls’ Grammar will only contact applicants selected for interview).