Government CFO Advisory Specialists in KPMG Australia, Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
eFinancialCareers jobs: Government CFO Advisory Specialists in KPMG Australia, Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
Government CFO Advisory Specialists
Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 21 Mar 18
See job description for details
- Help us bring innovation to the way we work and the way we support our clients
- Contribute to our nations prosperity
- Tackle Australiaâ€™s most interesting and challenging government problems
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. In Canberra, we are a team based practice and this extends to our clients whom we work and collaborate with, in solving complex problems. Together, we design, innovate and implement, providing enduring advice that support our clients and the services they deliver. Our clients vary in size and come from a diverse range of sectors â€” all sharing in a common goal: to embrace change and deliver services that make Australia a better place. We are looking for talented individuals who would like to join us on the journey.
KPMGâ€™s Advisory business partners with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes; from distilling â€big dataâ€™ to reveal valuable insights, to improving operational performance, optimising risk, restructuring an operation or seizing a new business opportunity through a merger, acquisition, strategic alliance or other transaction.
We currently have multiple opportunities for ambitious and self-motivated Finance professionals who are looking to further their career in CFO advisory and join KPMG’s growing Canberra business. Youâ€™ll work across varied projects and with capable individuals to perform a range of the below activities:
- Financial and regulatory reporting
- Budget development and estimate preparation
- Technical accounting advice on new policies, business cases and infrastructure projects
- Interpreting international accounting standards for the public sector
- Automation of financial processes
- Advising CFOs on financial frameworks and governance
- Financial data analytics
- Functional and efficiency reviews
- Integrated business reporting
- Writing board papers, reports, proposals and tenders.
We believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are looking for people with a passion for and / or experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification, preferably in Finance, Accounting and/or technology.
- CA, CPA or working towards
- Experience in accounting within the public sector or advisory firms
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with government financial systems is desirable
- Advanced Excel and / or coding skills is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Security clearance, or ability to obtain one
Supporting your experience you should also be an Australian Citizen or have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to â€Flexibilityâ€™ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGN0UlW4qSY&t Flexibility empowers wellbeing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIQ4NcSrtc0 Flexibility enables contribution to the community
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNUocj6_yV4&t Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Jmb-D1QXU&t Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary !
Advertised: 19 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia