Requisition ID: 191614
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The SAP Global Cash Collections Organization resumes ownership of the company’s trade receivables. The main focus is reduction of DSO and improvement of cash-flow by driving timely settlement from customers using standardized processes and tools. The organization will engage with other relevant departments within the company to resolve disputes and inform about necessary impairments. It provides timely and relevant reporting and supports projects.
The Finance Specialist is working more independently within the relevant collections team than a Finance Associate. While still working across all standard collections relevant tasks on a defined customer portfolio in cooperation with a senior member of the team, he/she will assume responsibility for additional tasks.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks:
- Perform monitoring and collection of receivables including overdue receivables
- Proactively call customers to reassure the time of invoice payment
- Creation and distribution of dunning letters to customers in a prompt and accurate manner
- Investigate billing discrepancies and respond to external queries through Dispute Cases
- Handle a selected group of customers
- Work closely with both internal & external customers to expedite the collection efforts
- Investigate A/R impairments and propose Sales Allowances
- Escalate to management team any problem that holds the collection process to flow
- Update reports and send the statement of accounts to each customer
- Support the training of new team members
- Participate in projects
- Monitor open dispute cases
- Follow SAP processes and use application tools available in ISP
- Support Ad-hoc queries and contributes to projects
- Contact for external and internal auditors
- Analyze and investigate dispute cases to avoid complaints in future
Competences & Skills:
- Accounting and collections knowledge
- Customer focus approach
- Communication skills (verbally and written)
- Monitoring of payment behavior of customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Understanding of SAP´s goals and strategy
- SAP Employee Competencies
- IT Principles & data security
- Partner & Third Party Engagement
- Quality Focus
- Results Driven
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Operate SAP Financial Processes & Systems
- Analytics capabilities
- Good problem solving skills are required
- Must be a well-organized and self-starter with “can do” attitude
Experience & Language Requirements
- Working experience within a finance related field required (2-5 years)
- Fluent written and spoken language skills of the one needed in customer contact
- Basic command of written and spoken English
- Successfully completed University Degree
- Accounting or related field of knowledge is required
Professional Training & Certification
- Global Cash Collection Training (available in Value University and the GFA Academy )
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Operations Manager, Financial, ERP, SAP, Operations, Finance, Technology