Ernest Fisher told daughter to ‘stay away’ before stabbing son Matthew on AFL grand final day


June 13, 2018 17:17:33

A Perth woman accused of trying to cover up the murder of her brother says she was told to “stay away” before her father fatally stabbed the 23-year-old in a bedroom of their suburban home two years ago.

Hannah Fisher-Turner, 21, is on trial along with her brother Joshua, 28, and father Ernest Fisher over the death of Matthew Fisher-Turner at their house in Parmelia on AFL grand final day in October 2016.

Mr Fisher is accused of murder, while Hannah and Joshua Fisher-Turner are alleged to have buried their brother’s body in the backyard and cleaned up the bedroom where he was stabbed.

The court has heard the Fisher-Turner family had been breaking down since the death of Mr Fisher’s wife from cancer in March 2014.

Matthew was described as different from his siblings and father, who the court was told were “a bit reclusive”.

Commotion, ‘then it just went quiet’

In a video recorded interview played to the WA Supreme Court today, Ms Fisher-Turner said on the day of the stabbing she was watching television in the loungeroom with her younger sister when she heard a commotion at the rear of the house.

“There was yelling and Matt was saying ‘the wrong parent died’ and stuff like that,” she said.

She said she was told to stay away, but heard her brother calling her father names and yelling, “I’ll slit your throat”.

She said she then heard something “smash” and “then it just went quiet.”

Ms Fisher-Turner said she couldn’t remember some details from the day and, when asked by police why this was, she replied: “I don’t want to remember that day.”

Murdered over AFL grand final

Prosecutors allege Mr Fisher murdered his son because the 23-year-old wanted to use his car, but Mr Fisher wanted it go to a friend’s house to watch the AFL grand final.

Mr Fisher admits he stabbed Matthew, but maintains he acted in defence of himself and his other family members, because his son was aggressive and violent towards them.

Matthew’s body was not discovered until four weeks after his death. His friends had reported him missing to police, and the body was found buried in the backyard of the Parmelia home on October 27, 2016.

In a written statement Ms Fisher-Turner provided to police 10 days before the discovery of the body, she claimed her brother had gone to the eastern states and that she had noticed some clothes missing from his bedroom.

She also said she and her father did not get on with Matthew because “his temper was very volatile” and he would have “violent arguments” and “hit dad.”

“I want to know if Matthew is safe but I would probably prefer he stays somewhere else until he sorts his temper out,” she wrote.








First posted

June 13, 2018 17:14:34

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *