- clinical management of emergency medicine patients using evidence based practice
- lead, supervise, co-ordinate and manage care of patients with life threatening conditions including multiple trauma
- on call duties as required
- telephone and video- conference consultations and advice
- ongoing application of continuous quality improvement principles in systematically evaluating and meeting patient needs.
- compliance with relevant standards, legislation and regulatory requirements
- service development including Medical Emergency Team
In order to be considered for this role you must meet the criteria listed below:
- Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist in Emergency Medicine
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Emergency Medicine or equivalent
- Possess substantial postgraduate medical experience in emergency medicine and hospital practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
- Demonstrated high level of communication, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and to lead in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the effective management of clinical risk and improving quality.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
- A current WA C or C-A class driving license
- Experience in remote or rural medicine and retrieval is desirable
Area Profile: The WA Country Health Service (WACHS) is the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people, including 45,000 Aboriginal people, over a vast two and a half million square kilometre area. The organisation comprises seven regions, with a strong network of public hospitals, health services and health centres located across rural and remote Western Australia. Our core business is the provision of quality, accessible health services to country WA residents and visitors. Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary, employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):