eFinancialCareers jobs: Assistant Accountant in Morgan McKinley Australia, North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
New South Wales
Permanent, Full time
Morgan McKinley Australia
01 Jun 18
Assistant Accountant for leading Organisation
Position objectives and position summary
- The successful candidate will provide support to the Accounting & Reporting (finance operations) function and will have primary responsibility for:
- Maintaining the effective finance operations of key Life & Health finance systems including Oracle consolidation, reconciliations and analysis of large account and high risk balances; support in preparation of the quarterly and annual APRA returns; Quarterly intergroup retrocession reporting and annual review;preparation of annual financial statements for both Australia and New Zealand; assist in preparation of APRA results presentation and provide support to Senior accountant as needed.
- The role is suited to an accountant in the early stages of their career and will provide exposure to fundamental finance processes and an opportunity to develop an understanding of the insurance sector in a highly diversified and global environment.
- Maintaining IFRS consolidated trail balance (Oracle consolidation);
- Analysis of IFRS trail balance and key balances;
- APRA quarterly and annual filing;
- Preparation of APRA quarterly results presentations;
- Preparation and settlement of quarterly intragroup retrocession reporting;
- Annual review of intragroup agreements;
- Preparation of annual financial statements (IFRS);
- Preparation of capital reporting and submissions to group.
- Support to senior accountant where needed.
- Knowledge on financial accounting and reporting requirements in Australia
- ARPA filing experience
- Good knowledge of internal controls relevant to finance operations and reporting
- Knowledge of insurance business would be anadvantage
- 4 years plus of related experience (junior financial or management accounting roles)preferablably in the insurance industry
- Oracle experience valuable but not essential
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) either studying or qualified
- Solid analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team player and to prioritise tasks but also work proactively and independently where required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, shows strong initiative
- Very good comprehension of MS Office (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.