About the role
Mater Health Services Information Solutions department is searching for a professional Applications Specialist to join their busy multi-faceted team on a Permanent Full Time basis.
Verdi is Mater’s clinical portal (Electronic Patient Records Management System), used widely across the Mater campuses by doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and administrative staff, it integrates key applications to present a consolidated patient record for clinicians for the delivery of safe and effective patient care.
Salary range: $48.95 – $52.43 (MCA6) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The Applications Specialist role contributes as part of a team responsible for providing advice and support of applications used across Mater Group. This role provides assists in the leadership of subject matter expertise to ensure maintenance, support, problem solving and continuous improvement are managed in a timely and customer focused manner to meet business needs.
You will engage with Mater business teams and leaders as well as vendors, clinical, techinical, administrative staff and third parties to maintain effective working relationships.
You will assist in mentoring and supervising Application Support Officers and Application Administrators at an operational level in the integrated operation of complex enterprise information systems to achieve defined service levels and will provide assistance to other business area solutions as part of a multi skilled team.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Tertiary degree in area of subject matter expertise or Information Technology is highly desirable
- Education or training in information technology or system administration is desirable
- Certified Health Informatician Australasia (CHIA) membership and credentials are desirable
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience working in an IT Healthcare environment
- Ability to demonstrate experience in IT systems project implementation
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse activities and priorities across organisational boundaries to ensure that service delivery meets agreed service levels in a customer focused environment
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate, advise, influence others and work collaboratively with people including senior business and technical stakeholders to make decisions
- Ability to function individually and compatibly with team members of diverse clinical and experiential backgrounds
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 6 May 2018
For further information specific to the position, please contact Lyam Jones – Manager Solution Support, Information and Infrastructure Division on 07 3163 8123.
If you are interested in applying for this position, simply click on ‘APPLY’ to attach your resume.
Please note we CANNOT accept any emailed applications so please ensure you submit your details via the “APPLY” button.
If you are having technical difficulties submitting your application please contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) confirming the role you are applying for and the specific difficulties you are experiencing.
At Mater, you’ll find we live and breathe our values. We are a health care leader that provides care to more than 500,000 patients each year as a private, benevolent not-for-proft organisation – what profit we make goes back in to our business which is why we offer state of the art facilities and the resources to advance your career and provide exceptional care to our patients.
Mater is also committed to environmental sustainability and draws on our recognition of the link between health, climate and the environment which ensures we optimise our position as responsible corporate citizens.
Come and join us; as a Mater employee you’ll find the benefits you deserve and the opportunity to be part of a healthcare community unlike any other.
Applicants from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Posting Notes: South Brisbane || QLD || Australia (AU) || Corporate Services ||