About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Administrative Officer to join the Clinic Services team at Mater At Home on a fulltime basis (38 hours per week) on a fixed 12 month contract.
Mater at Home provides home-based allied health and nursing services to adults and children in and around Brisbane. They provide a flexible, rapid response service to residents that live within a 35 to 40 kilometre radius from Mater Health Services (South Brisbane campus).
Mater at Home seeks to maintain close working relationships with hospitals, other healthcare providers and general practitioners to ensure clients receive seamless healthcare from hospital to home.
Salary range: $24.95-$28.99(Administration Officer Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
As Administration Officer you will coordinate and provide administration support for the clinic areas to maximise service delivery.
Specific responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage, organise and provide confidential administrative support to the Department ensuring the office is efficiently managed and represented
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence on a range of issues relevant to the area
- Establish maintain and/or use effective office processes using various information systems to ensure the recording and filing of various documentation and information
- Assist with accurate and timely data entry of departmental database using electronic systems
To be considered suitable for this role you will have:
- Ability to provide efficient and effective office administrative procedures in a timely and organised manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Excellent phone manner and customer service skills
- High level literacy skills, in particular grammar and spelling, and an ability to draft correspondence
- Convey information, accurately and effectively, with discretion
- Ability to rapidly acquire proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, various databases and other office-related software applications
- Promote a positive team spirit and be a contributing team member.
- Take appropriate action to positively resolve problems – “think outside the box”.
- Knowledge of general medical and health care terminology
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
If you are interested in applying for this position, simply click on ‘APPLY’ to attach your resume.
Please note we CANNOT accept any emailed applications so please ensure you submit your details via the “APPLY” button.
If you are having technical difficulties submitting your application please contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com) confirming the role you are applying for and the specific difficulties you are experiencing.
At Mater, you’ll find we live and breathe our values. We are a health care leader that provides care to more than 500,000 patients each year as a private, benevolent not-for-proft organisation – what profit we make goes back in to our business which is why we offer state of the art facilities and the resources to advance your career and provide exceptional care to our patients.
Mater is also committed to environmental sustainability and draws on our recognition of the link between health, climate and the environment which ensures we optimise our position as responsible corporate citizens.
Come and join us; as a Mater employee you’ll find the benefits you deserve and the opportunity to be part of a healthcare community unlike any other.
Applicants from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Posting Notes: South Brisbane || QLD || Australia (AU) || Non-Clinical Support ||